December Plans. I Quit Drinking and Smoking. Canephron Pills

Our Weather

Now tell me how is this possible? Yesterday it's -25, today it's -17 and tomorrow +2. What the heck is weather doing? Earlier you'd never expect such a leap between daily temperatures! But even so, how are we supposed to dress when from ass-freezing cold it starts to rain? Anyway, above-zero degrees feel such a relief after the biting frost.

My New Hair

I've stopped scratching my head. Um, no it doesn't sound right. Well, a small forestory: from about highschool years up to recently I've had this awful scratching habit. I scraped the back of my head violently, especially at night, when I would wake up and do it hard and nonstop. Ohh, not the best memories. But then suddenly (either because of the shampoo or hair masks) it ended. I noticed it a few days ago. I also stopped washing my hair 3 times a week, sometimes it's only once in 7 days, and the hair looks absolutely fine. I don't work as a seretary anymore, so don't have to wash and blow-dry it on a daily basis which is good because everyday washing is sure a bad option.
Just called the hairdresser. Plan to go renew my haircut and dye my hair on Dec 31, pics later.

How and Why I Quit Drinking and Smoking

You know, I used to like drinking. Gin and tonic, cocktails etc etc - but now looking at weheartit pictures of booze I think I have somehow overgrown this stage of life. Especially since alcohol is ruinous for health. I would drink at parties and with friends - now I have neither and thus the desire to drink has vanished too. Even on the New Year night, although it's a tradition to drink champagne and make a wish, I'd scarcely follow. My s/o has been hating me for getting drunk and buying canned cocktails every weekend - until I was hit with my illness, and immediately after it my desire to drink any liquor disappeared. He seems happy with it, but it's not because of him that I decided to quit ;)
Also, smoking-wise, this is total shit, I used to do it in Uni but not for long because coughing and worse consequences started to pop up. I would do it sometimes in later years but had to quit completely around a year ago when my health protested at once, so yeah, I decided to abandon because the habit implies bad influence on me.

Previous Tuesday was the last day I took my miraculous Canephron pills. Not sure if they did help because it hurts still. What I'm worried about most of all is how I'm gonna do without them. Will precautions without medicine be enough? I'd go mad if another pang happens. I gotta be super extra careful and take preventive measures esp while sleeping with s/o during winter vacation since there's gonna be much sex for sure. So far, luckily, it's been okay, no pangs.

Regarding New Year's celebration, looks like my awesome plans are ruining. Little wonder. Happiness is a too fragile thing and cannot last loner. 2 weeks of feeling in harmony is enough for you, obviously thinks my destiny. I'm on the verge of crying sensing the collapse of hopes. I don't want to end the post on a sad note so some pictures for you.

funny new year picture

snoopy cat

beautiful roses