Day 159 - Weight loss - Like a Teenager.

Day 159 - speaking more on yesterday's 'they treat me like a teenager' topic. As I approached the cashier with a bottle of alcohol, the woman presented me with that unchanged 'Now look who's there, an underage buying booze illegally' squint, and I sighed thinking, 'Not this again'. I've learnt this particular kind of look a long time ago, and learnt how to ignore it too. But as it goes on and on, time and again, it starts to really bug you some day. Yeah, it's complimenting and fun to show the ID and have saleswomen stare in bewilderment, but on some days you just don't have an ID with you and want this damn bottle without delay. And I've gotten sick of thinking up phrases to joke it off, although I know the intonation and the right thing to say. So today was one of such gimme-booze-and-I'm-off days when delay and angry stares of the queue was the last thing I wanted at the end of a long workday. Of course I tricked the cashier, and went further shaking my head as she kept commenting on how 'unnaturally young the littlun looks'. At least she sold me that bottle!
Photobucket