Meet the Iron Ticket Eater

Everyone faces problems, it's unavoidable, I'm not an exception, but those are lucky who can cope with these nasty bugs in time and not get into a deeper trouble. Yesterday I happened to fall into that 'lucky' group.

Ok, first, I found myself at the office without my supervisor's help, virtually just me and the boss, which means no lunch break, no bathroom break - plain sitting in a chair at the PC waiting for phone calls. No need to mention it got me by midday when I was already stressed. As if it were not enough. The supervisor dialed up only to notify me I was supposed to stay in till at least 7pm. Great! In total, I've spent at work 10 hours, plus a 4-hour way to/from work, so should I tell you how damn pissed I got at that? Well fine, I thought, if I left the office at 7 I had 2 options to either take a 7:42 train where I would feel like a herring in a can due to number of commuters, or the express which would depart in 12 minutes.
What did I choose?
Knowing me, of course I chose a faster option, but I had only 12 minutes left. Therefore, I nearly flew to the express train (it usually takes me 15-20 minutes to get to the terminal), praying I would manage to buy the ticket... provided that it was the rush hour, and the ticket queues' length told me I would have to think quick. Smugly, I pulled between people in the shortest line - 2 minutes till the departure. Since it was a faster and more comfortable train the ticket was expensive, and I paid all the money I had on me, after which the ticket woman handed me the card and, as I hurried to the platform, shouted, 'Now run, honey, run!' Honey... I looked rather like a wet mouse.
So I got to the the turnstiles hall, and here it is, the X time. I squeezed the card into the slot - before the horrible turnstile caught it - before the ticket was gone. It ate it! It chomped the ticket! It fell into a bottomless nowhere!! I panicked, the staff gathered around hearing my 'My train is leaving!' yells, but did not know what to do. There was half a dozen of them, no less, and they continued staying with mouths agape while I counted seconds... this is when they stretched like eternity. Hurry, faster, one minute left!!! Damn you! At last another worker came up and began to disassemble the turnstile (they said it was not the first time baffle gate sucked in cards, oh how comforting), but there must have been something with his eyes because - crap! - he got down to the different turnstile! Fuuuuck. Another man was like, WTF you're doing, this one is alright, and by the moment the retard understood I was already taken by the arm by a policeman who kindly helped me out of that chaos into another hall. The train, the train, I kept whining. In the next hall, even when the policeman asked the staff to let me pass for free, they said no because I had no ticket. Both him and I explained the gate had sucked in the card, and another long moments passed before I was finally on the platform rushing to the express.
It's not the happy ending to the story, not so fast.
As I entered the carriage I saw all those eggheads in suits, dresses, with flashy gadgets, everyone busy glued to screens - and here was me, out of breath, out of fashion, out of the blue. But at least I was there. The worst thing I had doubts about was still to come.
From the other carriage vestibule appeared ticket inspectors. Hell no, I swore, at their sight. What was I to tell them? The truth, since honesty is the best policy. However unbelievable it would sound. My pockets were empty and there was no way I could afford another card, so in the end I sighed, retired to the vestibule (not to disgrace myself in front of the public) and waited...
Ridiculous. That's how my phrase 'The turnstile ate my ticket' sounded almost like 'The dog ate my homework'. And I totally get the inspector who tilted his head to the side in a mocking manner and shook it in distrust, adding, 'Ah-ah-ah, what a pity', and I gulped. Another inspector, though, approached with an 'Are you that girl whose card dropped into the gate slot?' and here I smiled in relief, nodding violently. The inspectors went off, and that one stood longer telling me something which I couldn't hear because of loud noise of the train... maybe he wanted something, but all I did was smile stupidly.
That's it. Then, safe and sound but with big turmoil in my head, I got to my hometown station, caught an overcrowded bus where I managed to squeeze in, and, thank God, arrived home before it got too dark. Dad cooked a most wonderful, mouth-watering dinner, and I ate, ate, and ate - what a good evening! I went to bed and slept like a log to wake up into another day at 5am. That's the schedule I stick to atm. Harsh.

I try to stay calm, try to treat these life's races positively but sometimes it's way too much, and my head swells, and legs hurt, and I can not imagine what this stress might lead to. My organism has never undergone such a crazy overload. This is insane really.

S/O, ever mega-worried and jealous, says he should take me by the hand and bring to work, only thus he can be sure I don't get into a mess; and that I'm a problem-magnet. So sweet of him to express concern ;) Being on vacation in his native town he told the family he has a fiancee. Wow. This was unexpected.

Pic from a recent walk round the town.

walk-round-town-with-cat